> 42 billion good bacteria per capsule
> Ideal post antibiotic
> Gastric Guard Guarantee – bacteria is guaranteed to survive passage through stomach acid
> Suitable 5+ years
Poor diet or health, antibiotics or simply the stresses and strains of modern living can disturb the delicate microfloral environment in the digestive tract, compromising health in all kinds of ways. Super 8 Microbiotics combats this effect, replenishing ‘friendly’ gut bacteria. In fact, it’s one of the most efficient supplements of this type available. It contains bacteria strains which slow the growth of yeast, act as natural antibiotics, help with lactose tolerance, reduce cholesterol levels, and combat candida, thrush and diarrhoea. They also help tame the inflammation of colitis and IBD and aid in conditions involving immune reactions such as allergies and dermatitis.
The bacteria in Super 8 Microbiotics is both highly potent and capable of surviving the stomach’s acidity – a fact that is both tested and guaranteed. It is the leading choice for IBS, poor digestion, post-antibiotics care, mouth ulcers and for anyone who feels they need some of the best help available in rebalancing gut flora to feel and function better. And compared to microbiotic yoghurts, rebalancing with Super 8 Microbiotics is faster, cheaper and of course, sugar-free. To look after yourself, start by looking after that incredible ecosystem in your digestive tract.
Why choose Udo’s Choice® Super 8?
The highest strength Microbiotic product available on the Irish market, Super 8 contains different strains of bacteria which are found in both the small and large intestines, lacto in the small and bifido in the large. By including strains from both families Super 8 ensures that your entire digestive system is covered.
Take 1 - 3 capsules per day after eating to help build up good intestinal flora.
Udos Choice® Super 8 must be refrigerated to ensure maximum potency & stability and may be frozen.
Please note this product will arrive unrefrigerated. With such a short timescale in transit its quality/strength will not be affected as the product has a long shelf life. Please refrigerate upon receipt and use as recommended. For this reason we cannot accept returns of Super 8.
Lactobacillus acidophilus is one of the most prominent micro-organisms found in the small intestine. L.acidophilus produces lactic acid which inhibits yeast growth, as well as natural antibiotics which enhance immune functions. L.acidophilus has been shown to inhibit the growth of pathogenic bacteria such as Salmonella, Shigella, S.faecalis and E.coli. Moreover, studies have shown that L.acidophilus is effective in reducing lactose intolerance, reinforcing the immune system, and reducing cholesterol levels.
Lactobacillus rhamnosus is one of the most important microbiotic strains for the health of the adult digestive tract from the mouth to the small intestine. It is primarily found in the small intestine and vaginal tract and is beneficial in inhibiting the bacteria involved in vaginal and urinary tract infections. L.rhamnosus has a high resistance to bile salts and stomach acid and therefore grows prolifically. It protects against the invasion of harmful microorganisms by stimulating gut lining cells to produce mucin, a mucous coating that also prevents toxins from reaching the blood. It provides excellent control over putrefactive microbes, and effectively inhibits disease-causing pathogens. One of the most intensively studied strains of Lactobacillus, it has been shown to stimulate immune responses.
Lactobacillus plantarum a strain from vegetal origin, is another major species found in the intestinal tract. It secretes the natural occurring antibiotic lactolin and has beneficial anti-microbial activities. This microbiotic is being studied for its efficacy against allergies and Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS).
Lactobacillus casei is a bacteria commonly used for milk fermentation and is naturally occurring in the mouth and digestive tract. L.casei breaks down carbohydrates and inhibits the growth of pathogenic and putrefactive bacteria in the small intestine. L.casei has been studied for its antimicrobial effects and its role in cellular immunity. It has also shown to be helpful in treating diarrhoea caused by antibiotics and viruses.
Lactobacillus salivarius is found in the mouth and in the small intestine. It has been shown to improve bleeding gums, tooth decay, bad breath, oral thrush and canker sores. L.salivarius produces B vitamins, enzymes and lactic acid, breaks down proteins and has strong anti-microbial effects which have been demonstrated clinically.
Bifidobacterium bifidum is found primarily in the large intestine. As a producer of B vitamins, B.bifidum helps the body in the completion of its digestive process, specifically in the absorption of calcium, iron, magnesium and other vitamins and minerals. B.bifidum produces lactic and acetic acids, which lower the intestinal pH and inhibit unfriendly bacteria from growing. Recent studies have shown that B.bifidum can reduce the incidence of acute diarrhoea in infants and is beneficial in the treatment of inflammatory bowel disease (IBD). With regular use, B.bifidum can improve immunological and inflammatory responses in seniors.
Bifidobacterium longum colonizes the intestinal tract in very large quantities and plays a direct role in preventing invasion of pathogenic and putrefactive bacteria. B.longum breaks down bile salts, helps to synthesize B-complex vitamins and has been studied for its anti-carcinogenic activities. It also stimulates the immune system, through its effects on immunoglobulin A (lgA). B.longum produces lactic and acetic acids that lower the intestinal pH and inhibit the growth of undesirable bacteria. In clinical studies, B.longum has been found to improve lactose digestion and constipation.
In a base of Micro-Crystalline Cellulose, Vegetarian Magnesium Stearate and Absorbic Acid.
On The Blog
|Ingredients||Each vegetarian capsule is guaranteed to contain not less than 42 billion total viable cells (at time of manufacture) of: Lactobacillus acidophilus 45%; Lactobacillus rhamnosus (HA-111) 25%; Lactobacillus rhamnosus (HA-114) 10%; Lactobacillus plantarum;|
|Buy 1 Get 1 Free||No|
- # 1 DefenderReview by Margaret
- “I had candida overgrowth for many years at a time where there was little information available about it. My doctor sent me to a specialist who could do nothing except agree that something unpleasant was going on. I was exhausted, had constant pain behind my ribcage and a burning sensation in my gullet, shivered badly, felt very unwell and had bad 'brain fog.' From experimenting with different supplements I found that microbiotics were the major force in tackling the issue. It took some time to recover from the symptoms. Now I tell everyone the importance of taking microbiotics after taking antibiotics. Udo's Super 8's are the only ones 'good enough' for me now. I trust the UDO’s brand name. If I get the slightest hint of symptoms reoccurring I take them immediately. But I also take them as a precautionary measure if I get a cold and during the winter months. I've enjoyed excellent health over the last few years and attribute this to Udo's Super 8's as my number one defender against ill health.” (Posted on 11/17/2016)
- Great after antibioticsReview by Mary
- “My first experience with Super 8's was when I got a bad kidney infection and had to take a strong antibiotic for it but if I thought the worst was over I was very much mistaken because I ended up getting an overgrowth of yeast it was my friend who recommended, I take a course of Udo’s Choice Super 8's Hi-Potency Microbiotics which was the best product I have ever taken. I encouraged my Aunt to take a course of Udo’s Choice Digestive Enzymes and she thinks they are great. She is telling all her friends about them. Once again, thank you.” (Posted on 10/25/2016)
- Goodbye to Candida..Review by Margaret
- “I had candida overgrowth for many years at a time where there was little information available about it. My doctor sent me to a specialist who could do nothing except agree that something unpleasant was going on. I was exhausted, had constant pain behind my ribcage and a burning sensation in my gullet, shivered badly, felt very unwell and had bad 'brain fog.' From experimenting with different supplements I found that probiotics were the major force in tackling the issue. It took some time to recover from the symptoms. Now I tell everyone the importance of taking probiotics after taking antibiotics. Super 8's are the only ones 'good enough' for me now. I trust the UDO’s brand name. If I get the slightest hint of symptoms reoccurring I take them immediately. But I also take them as a precautionary measure if I get a cold and during the winter months. I've enjoyed excellent health over the last few years and attribute this to Super 8's as my number one defender against ill health.” (Posted on 10/25/2016)