250 grams wholemeal spaghetti
200 grams cooked beetroot, diced small
400 grams butternut squash, diced small
100 grams courgette, diced small
10-12 cherry tomatoes, left whole
40 grams watercress or other leaves
Olive oil for roasting
2 tablespoons aged balsamic (try Belazu)
2 tablespoons Udo’s Choice Oil
2 tablespoons good quality olive oil
1-2 garlic cloves
- Make up dressing by placing ingredients in a jar, close the lid, shake and set aside.
- To roast the vegetables, preheat oven to 200 C. Scatter vegetables on a large roasting tray, leaving space between pieces. Drizzle over a little olive oil and massage it in, then season lightly with sea salt.
- Roast in oven for 15 - 20 minutes until lightly caramelised.
- While vegetables are roasting, cook the spaghetti in a large pan of salted boiling water until tender, but still with a bit of bite.
- Drain well at once and transfer to a warm pasta bowl. Add the balsamic and Udo’s Oil dressing and gently toss.
- Remove the vegetables from the oven and tip them into the spaghetti along with watercress leaves. Toss together lightly and top liberally with grated parmesan. Any leftovers make a great pasta salad – just add a little extra olive oil if required.